11/06/2008

ANSWERS

Ok, you guys and gals, you've had more than enough time to find the answers to the riddles; so, here we go:
1. Five eyes and a why - INVINCIBILITY (5 "I"'s AND A "Y")
2. Five vowels joined together in one word - This is what "askoxford.com" says
"We know of only one word in anything like standard use which has five consecutive vowels, and that is Rousseauian 'pertaining to Rousseau or his views on religion, politics, education, etc.' Apart from this, and the large vowel clusters in queueing, there are only the Greek-derived words of the pharmacopoeia type.
3. What did the big chimney say to the little chimney? - "You smoke too much!"
*******************
While we're on the subject, here are some more pearls of the English language:
- OOLOOPOOLOO - A palindrome (A word that reads the same in both directions). This one refers to a dialect spoken in Australia. I'm not sure you can call it "English", though!
- EDUCATION - A word containing all five vowels.
- ABSTEMIOUS - A word containing all five vowels IN THE RIGHT ORDER!
ALSO, CHECK OUT "RIDDLES" - left-hand column - and ENJOY.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aloha im new here, I came accross this forum I have found It exceedingly helpful and it has helped me out so much. I hope to contribute & assist other users like its helped me.

Thanks a load, Catch You Around.

Anonymous said...

Heya i'm fresh to this. I stumbled upon this board I find It incredibly accommodating and it's helped me a great deal. I hope to contribute and assist other users like it has helped me.

Thanks Everyone, See You About.

Anonymous said...

I love what you men are usually up too. This kind of clever work and reporting! Keep up the great functions guys I' ve added you men to my blogroll, Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Can I just say what a alternate to lay one's hands on someone who indeed knows what theyre talking all round on the internet. You certainly know how to report an issue to deplane and transmute it important. More people destitution to read this and twig this side of the story. I slang swear by youre not more famous because you for all have the gift.
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]