02/04/2009

GROUP CHAMPIONS

I can hardly believe it myself. We started the championship pretty well as underdogs. We just wanted to maintain our position. In the end, we actually came top in our group.

CHESS - I'm talking about Chess of course, as anyone who knows me would quickly realise. I love the game and spend many hours analising positions and playing against my PC. Anyway, I changed clubs this year. I'm now playing for Cerdanyola Chess Club in team "D"(which shows I'm not a very good player!) Our team has eight players in it and we played in a group of ten teams from our area. Now, the champions in each group wil play the final phase to determine who will be the overall champion in our category in Catalonia.
The photo - taken outside Bar Grau in Cerdanyola del Vallès - shows only seven of us, the eighth couldn't make it. By the way, I played eight of the nine rounds ... and won seven of them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is but half a wife that is not, nor is capable of being a friend.