15/09/2011

SLAVES IN BRITAIN

At first, when I read this in a tiny little section of a Spanish newspaper I thought it was an exagerated report of an isolated incident involving one or two domestic-service situations. After all, slavery was abolished in Great Britain in 1807.

However, I looked it up anyway and found to my horror that it involved twenty-four slaves, all men, and most of them British!

The gruesome details have been published
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2011/09/12/2-dozen-slaves-freed-in-England/UPI-70191315803850/#ixzz1XyYAslqEhttp://es.yahoo.com/?p=us
and can be seen even on youtube.com,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KmqJ9xuj2U
so there is no real need for me to reproduce them here.

What really worries me though is this:
Are British people so stupid as to become trapped into this sort of situation and become slaves against their will?
What about the neighbours?
This took place, allegedly, in Leighton Buzzard - Bedfordshire County - on a caravan site, with hundreds of other people living within earshot! 200 police were needed to arrest just five of the people responsible for this outrage on humanity.
I mean, if this was not so serious we'd laugh about it.

FOR CHRIST SAKE - WHAT KIND OF A COUNTRY IS THIS TURNING INTO? What kind of people are WE turning into that we can allow such practices to develop in our society?

FIFTEEN YEARS - that's right - 15 years! That's how long some of these men were kept as slaves!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

brinkka2011 says: Resources including the one you talked about here will be really helpful to me! I will publish a link to this web page on my weblog. I am certain my visitors will find that very helpful.